Frequently Asked Questions


Student finance

If you are a national of an European Union country, then you don't have to pay for your tuition fees. British Government will pay your university on your behalf and once you graduate and when you start earning more than £21.000 per year, your employer will deduct a tiny tax from your salary.

What's Student Finance England?

UK and European Union students are eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan given by a British Government Organization called Student Finance England, which is paid directly to your university, independent of your grades or your family’s income. You only start paying back after graduation and only if you are employed and earn more than £21.000 per year. If you never reach this salary threshold you will not have to pay anything back.

Example: If the student has a monthly salary of 2.000€ he will have to pay back a monthly fee of approx. 30€. If you earn under 2.000€ per month you do not need to pay anything back.


Student Finance Explained



How much funding can I get?

Up to £9,000/year which is maximum that any public university will charge the UK and EU students (or up to £6,000 for a private university or college).


What are the requirements?

In order to receive Tuition Fee Loan you need to meet all of the criteria below:

  • You are an European Union national
  • You have been living in European Union for past 3 years
  • You don't hold any previous higher education qualifications (Bachelor's/Master's Degrees).


How do I apply?

UCADEMICS will send you an application form and instructions when time comes. This depends on how early you apply and when Student Finance applications open for European students.

More information on Student Finance you can find on official UK Government page.

Viewed 1165 times

Other related questions


Our site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience.