Frequently Asked Questions


What type of courses can I apply for?

UK universities and colleges offer thousands of excellent study programmes, leading to qualifications that are respected and acknowledged by employers, academic and research institutions on a global level.

Ucademics helps you distinguish the undergraduate levels and the main qualifications offered by the UK system of education.

At the undergraduate level, the main qualifications offered are:

  • Bachelor’s or Undergraduate Degree: This is the most common type of study program, and we can also say it's the most traditional one. The program is designed to help you gain a thorough understanding of a subject or two subjects (if you are doing a joint degree). Studied full-time, it usually takes three years to complete (four in some cases). 
  • Foundation degree: Foundation degree is a vocational higher education course which may take one or two years to complete and which can be a stand-alone certification or a way to gain access to a Bachelor Degree for which you were not initially eligible with your previous educational background.
  • Diploma of Higher Education: Two years, full-time DipHE courses usually are equivalent to the first two years of a degree and can often be used for entry to the third year of a related degree course.
  • Certificate of Higher Education: Focuses on either a particular profession or field of academic study. Equivalent to the first year of a full honours degree, they are the most basic level qualifications that can be gained in higher education.
  • Higher National Diploma (HND): A two-year course which, if completed with high grades, can lead to the third year of a degree.

At postgraduate qualifications, you have the Master degrees you can also apply with Ucademics. 

Our student advisor will guide you and help shape the best path for you!

Viewed 1342 times


Our site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience.